Thursday, June 18, 2009

Creative destruction...

Okay, those of you who know Ethan, know he is a little messy. He loves to get dirty and is constantly digging in the dirt. Well, I'm not big on dirt in the house, so he feels the need to compensate for that. We will start at his first big art project...

I went and got in the shower, and I thought Loren was entertaining the boys. Well, for some odd reason he thought I had Ethan with me. I had been in the shower about ten minutes when I heard Ethan come into the bathroom. I didn't think much of it until he told me to look at his pretty picture. I looked out, and it looked like he was trying to shave like Daddy!!! And he had two nice white handprints on my bathroom rug!! I wish I had gotten a picture of this, but cameras don't work well in the shower.

So I yelled for Loren, and he came a runnin'!! When he got into the bathroom, he said I needed to see the computer desk. That is when I started to get worried!! But when I saw the desk, I was able to laugh. However messy this is, at least he didn't get it on the computer!!



There is a bunch smeared on the wall too, but you can't see it very well.


He got a hold of a tub of cream cheese frosting... And this is work from my little artist.


But it doesn't stop there!! That is the only incident that I have pictures from.

Exactly one week after the frosting episode, I woke up to the boys laughing in the toy room. I went in and to my dismay, they had opened a bag of mini marshmallows and dumped them all over the floor. Ethan decided it would be funny to walk all over them... Not so funny. He had marshmallows caked to his hands and to the bottom of his feet. Not to mention there were marshmallows smashed in the carpet all over the room!! I had to let Loren take care of him because I was so mad!! I spent the whole morning on my hands and knees scrubbing marshmallows out of the carpet!! However, now I wish I had taken a picture because I laugh about it now!!

And it still keeps going!!!

On multiple occasions I have discovered things shoved down the bathroom sink drain!! I have found bread, asparagus, bananas and fruit snacks!!! Where does this child get his ideas!!! He is starting preschool in the fall, and I am hoping that will give him a better creative outlet. I just don't know what to do with him!! Ideas and suggestions are welcome!!

I do however love the little trouble maker with all of my heart and I sit and laugh at his antics!!! He truly is a creative little munchkin no matter how destructive he is!!

Here are some pictures from the start of his messy glory!!



3 comments:

The Royal Family said...

ok, those are too cute.

Unknown said...

LOL.... you know I love getting phone calls and hearing about your new piece of art Ethan has left you :) Can't wait for the next ;)

fezzik said...

HAHAHAHAHA!!! This is simply spectacular! :)